CPP’s staff is comprised of leading wind engineering and air quality consultants and our customers include many of the world’s top architects and engineers.
We operate two boundary-layer wind tunnels in our laboratory in Fort Collins, located along the front range of Colorado’s Rocky Mountains, and one wind tunnel in Sydney, Australia. We physically simulate atmospheric dispersion over complex sites for wide variety of exhaust sources. We also have extensive capabilities in numerical modeling of atmospheric dispersion using EPA regulatory models such as AERMOD and ASHRAE Handbook algorithms as well as CPP-developed models.
We are currently searching for an Engineer or Scientist to work primarily in our Air Quality business segment. The successful candidate should have a background in air pollution, atmospheric science, meteorology, wind engineering and/or fluid dynamics.
- Assembles project information and performs initial project planning
- Oversees and carries out daily details of assigned project(s)
- Coordinates with design, model shop and wind tunnel personnel to ensure accuracy of project drawings, building models and data collection
- Analyzes data, develops test plans and prepares report deliverables
- Interacts with clients
- Up to 20% travel required
Education and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Atmospheric Science, Civil Engineering or a related field of study is required
- Master of Science or PH.D. is preferred but not required
- 1-3 years engineering experience in related field or equivalent
- Strong English-language communication and interpersonal skills
- Good time management and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to work both independently as well as part of a team
CPP offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package. We are an equal opportunity employer.