CPP, Inc. is a specialty engineering company that performs wind tunnel testing and wind engineering consulting services for architectural and structural design professionals around the world. CPP is headquartered in Fort Collins with a subsidiary in Sydney, Australia. We currently employ 70 people in our Fort Collins office.
We are currently searching for an entry-level or mid-level CAD Drafter to support wind tunnel testing by creating detailed site drawings and building layouts in 3D.
- Create drawing layouts that include terrain, roads, and building sites for tunnel proximity models.
- Create scale model block drawings of buildings to be depicted on the proximity models.
- Create electronic files for the CNC router.
- Create electronic file formats of site layouts for project manager and client approval.
- Create test models for SLA 3D printing.
- Attend project kick-off meetings and provide project related updates as needed.
- Maintain on-going communication with tunnel and model shop personnel by disseminating project drawings and information.
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s Degree preferred in Computerized Drafting (or equivalent technical degree).
- 2 years AutoCAD experience, Solidworks certificate, or a CAD certificate.
- Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience.
Requirements (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities):
- Proficiency with Google Earth and Solidworks.
- Ability to interpret architectural drawings, ortho-imagery (satellite imagery) and oblique angle photography.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, especially Outlook and Excel
- Steadfast attention to detail.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Preferred; however, not required – AutoDesk Revit, Rhinoceros, Sketchup, AutoCad Civil 3D, Global Mapper and Adobe Acrobat.
This is a full-time position. CPP offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package. We are an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position, email us your résumé and cover letter.